Choose a noun from the box, make an adjective from it using either –ful or -less and fill in the gaps!
heart regard harm help taste fear waste sleep care
speech flavour shame defence pain need tooth
- What are the most … food ingredients?
- Some ingredients help ensure the availability of … , nutritious and affordable foods.
- Don’t eat so much processed food and sweets. You are going to become … .
- … control of clinical studies helps to avoid indigestion.
- Food ingredients are subject to the same strict safety standards … of whether they are naturally or artificially derived.
- I detest frozen and convenience foods because they are … .
- I really appreciate my friend. He is ever so … .
- It’s … to say! Your pronunciation leaves much to be desired!
- How can you be so … and treat him so awfully?
- No tears! Don’t be scared of the operation! It’s … .
- His … family would count in agony the hours of his absence.
- It is … to use so much fuel.
- It was … of them to surrender.
- The robber was … against any attack.
- Your absence cost me many … nights.
- He couldn’t say a single word! He was … with surprise.
Ful and less
1. I am __________________________________ to have such a loving family. (full of thanks)
2. Will saw a __________________________________ puppy wandering around town. (without a home)
3. Carla, you look __________________________________ in that dress. (full of beauty)
4. The squirrels in the backyard are __________________________________. (without harm)
5. Did you see the __________________________________ rainbow in the sky? (full of color)
6. This broken toy is a __________________________________ piece of junk. (without worth)